As a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon, Dr. Jean performs restorative procedures. We work closely with Main Line Health and Bryn Mawr Hospital’s Nemours duPont Pediatric Emergency Department to ensure injured children have fast access to a plastic surgeon for their injuries. Dr. Jean also staffs the Main Line Health Paoli Hospital Level II Trauma center to assure men and women with traumatic injuries have fast access to surgeries and treatments to correct extensive face, body, and hand injuries.
As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Jean feels dedicated to helping those in need after traumatic injuries. He believes that his experience in cosmetic surgery leads to better outcomes in trauma patients, and that his skills in treating traumatic injuries gives him an edge in cosmetic procedures. There is great joy in helping an injured patient return to their normal appearance and function.
If you’ve suffered a severe laceration, facial or body trauma, or hand injury, you need to seek immediate treatment. We’re available 24/7 to answer your call at 484-222-0010, and our staff physician can meet you at Paoli Hospital or Bryn Mawr Hospital.
Breast and facial reconstruction are also available at our plastic surgery office for those looking for restoration following cancer or to treat disfigurement caused by illness, trauma, or congenital abnormality. We serve the Main Line Philadelphia area, including Bryn Mawr, Newtown Square, and Paoli, Pennsylvania, as well as South Jersey.
Your Reconstructive Surgery Options
Not all plastic surgery procedures are performed to address the aging process. These procedures are often done for reconstructive purposes to restore your normal appearance. Dr. Jean is highly skilled in this area of expertise and tailors your surgery (or multiple surgeries) to restore normal appearance and function.
Some of the reconstructive procedures we offer include:
- Scar Treatment: It’s best to treat lacerations when they first occur; this is the best opportunity for minimal scarring. But scar treatments can be done to correct several problems such as dark scars, raised scars, irregular or widened scars. Treatment can be started within weeks of injury to improve the overall final appearance. (If you’ve suffered a deep laceration, we need to care for you as soon as possible to provide the best possible results and return of normal function.)
- Emergency Care: It’s essential you contact us immediately after an injury or another issue on your face, hands, or overall body, as well as complications from a previous procedure. We answer at night, on the weekends, and during holidays and make sure to take great care of our patients’ immediate needs.
- Hand Surgery: Many different procedures are available to treat injury or medical conditions of the hand. Many of these procedures can be competed in the office. Some of these procedures included treatment of laceration of the hand involving tendons and nerves, treatment of broken bones, removal of skin cancers, carpal tunnel syndrome, or trigger finger.
- Breast Reconstruction: Dr. Jean can perform breast reconstruction in several ways. Reconstructive surgery is done after one or both breasts have been partially or fully removed due to cancer or other causes. We offer implant reconstruction, fat grafting (fat transfer), and revision of prior reconstructions with unsatisfactory appearance.
- Facial Reconstruction: Whether you were in a severe auto accident, a birth defect, or were injured in another way, facial reconstruction can likely help you achieve a natural-looking appearance. Our plastic surgeon can help you look as good as new or perhaps even better.
We don’t push reconstructive surgery or any cosmetic service on anyone and will never pressure you into a treatment or procedure you don’t want. Our goal is to educate you on your options. Whether or not you wish to proceed with a treatment is a personal decision. We are here to guide you and help you in whatever way we can.
Schedule Your Reconstructive Surgery Consultation
Main Line Plastic Surgery offers many reconstructive options and is available to answer your questions and concerns. If you’re interested in learning more, please contact Dr. Jean today at 484-222-0010 to schedule your consultation. We serve clients in Bryn Mawr, Bala Cynwyd, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as well as South Jersey.