Plastic Surgeon & Medical Spa Serving Bryn Mawr, Villanova & Communities Near The Main Line Of Philadelphia, PA
Traditional weight loss methods and muscle toning exercises help men and women achieve a healthier lifestyle and figure, but diet and working out can only get you so far. Body contouring procedures such as liposuction can give you that ideal shape you’ve been working toward, and can address most body areas.
If you’re interested in a sculpted figure, please contact Main Line Plastic Surgery today Text or Call to discuss your body contouring options. Dr. Jean and our welcoming staff serve clients throughout Pennsylvania, including Bryn Mawr, Philadelphia, Bala Cynwyd, and South Jersey.
Body Contouring Procedures
Men and women choose body contouring for a variety of reasons, which may involve restoring your pre-pregnancy body or addressing loose skin after massive weight loss. These plastic surgeries target areas of your body and can be done as a standalone procedure or combined to address several problem areas at once.
The plastic surgeries we offer for the body include:
- Tummy Tuck: Removes loose abdominal skin and fat while at the same time tightening the abdominal muscles, flattening and improving the appearance of the abdominal area.
- Liposuction and SmartLipo: We offer traditional liposuction, which requires general anesthesia, and SmartLipo, which allows you to stay awake during surgery, provides more skin tightening, and requires less downtime than traditional liposuction.
- Mini-Tummy Tuck: This plastic surgery is best for those who have minimal abdominal fat and loose skin mostly below the belly button. Skin is
- Body Lift: Upper or lower body lifts address more than one problem area. An upper lift helps alleviate “fat rolls” on the back and sides and excess fat and skin in the arms. The breast section is done through breast reduction on both men and women and can be combined with an upper body lift. A lower lift targets your lower abdomen, “love handles,” buttocks, lower back, and outer thighs.
- Thigh Lift: This procedure benefits the inner and/or outer thighs to help you achieve a “thigh gap” or get rid of “saddle bags” for a shapelier figure.
- Brachioplasty (Arm Lift): Many of our patient struggle with the hanging appearance and jiggling effect of the fat and skin tissue underneath the upper arm when it is extended. A brachioplasty removes that excess skin and fat, providing a sculpted look that can’t be attained through exercise alone. For those with less excess skin, SmartLipo can be used instead of traditional brachioplasty.
- Mommy Makeover: Multiple procedures performed together to help women who have had children regain their confidence and pre-pregnancy figure. Mommy makeovers typically involve a tummy tuck and/or liposuction and breast surgery such as the breast lift, breast augmentation with implants, or fat transfer to the breasts.
Candidates for body contouring surgery should be in good health and physical condition. It’s important that you realize these plastic surgery procedures are not the answer to weight loss and offer the best results to those who have accomplished all they can with diet and exercise. While you do not need to be at your “ideal weight” before surgery, it is best if your weight is stable for several months. You will need time to recover, so we will work with you to plan your surgery around your life.
During your recovery, you’ll need to wear compression garments to help with swelling, typically for 6 weeks after surgery. We encourage light walking during the first few weeks of your recovery to improve healing. If you’re interested in the process of or have questions about a specific procedure, we encourage you to browse our website to learn more and view our before and after galleries.
Schedule Your Body Contouring Consultation
Main Line Plastic Surgery provides high-quality plastic surgery in a spa-like atmosphere where our patients feel completely comfortable and are pleased with their results. Dr. Jean takes pride in delivering exceptional outcomes and can answer all of your questions and concerns during your initial consultation.