If you are planning to have liposuction surgery, there are a few ways you can prepare for the procedure. Whether you are having a traditional liposuction or SmartLipo procedure performed, Dr. Raymond Jean can provide you with pre-operative guidelines to help make recovery easier.
Prior to your liposuction, make sure to do the following:
- Prep or stock up on nutritious meals. During recovery, you may not want to get up and cook for the first week or so. Try to make some nutritious meals ahead of time or buy some healthy frozen dinners.
- Ask someone to drive you home after your surgery. Following the procedure, you will feel groggy due to the anesthesia. Make sure someone is available to drive you home and assist you for 24-48 hours.
- Complete any chores or errands. Since you won’t be able to perform any moderate physical activity for a few weeks, you should finish any chores or errands you have before your procedure.
- Schedule some time off at work. For the first week after surgery, you will need to rest as much as possible. Most patients can return to work within 1-2 weeks depending on how fast they heal.
- Ask your spouse, a family member, or a friend to help babysit if you have children. You may need some help around the house as you recover from liposuction surgery. Have someone help you out by watching your children.
- Stop smoking at least six weeks before the surgery. Nicotine can interfere with the body’s healing process, so you must refrain from smoking for several weeks before and after your liposuction.
By following these steps, your recovery will be much easier. Dr. Jean will also give you some instructions for recovery in case you have any questions.
Want to Learn More About Liposuction? Contact Main Line Plastic Surgery Today
If you are considering a liposuction procedure or have questions about preparing for your surgery, call Main Line Plastic Surgery at 484-222-0010 to schedule a consultation. We welcome patients living in Bryn Mawr, Bala Cynwyd, Philadelphia, and other East Pennsylvania communities.