There are many reasons why women go for breast augmentation. However, before you take a deep dive into surgery, you should consider consulting a certified plastic surgeon. You should also familiarize yourself with the procedure. Find out more information below:
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that involves increasing the size, fullness, and shape of a woman’s breasts. It can be done for a number of reasons, including improving the proportions of the body, correcting a reduction in breast volume following pregnancy or weight loss, and achieving a more youthful appearance. Several different types of breast implants can be used, and the choice of which one to use will depend on the patient’s individual goals and objectives.
Reasons to go for Breast Augmentation
Improve the appearance of breasts. You can make your breasts look fuller and more shapely.
- Correct the asymmetry between the two breasts.
- Restore the natural volume of your breasts. Loss of volume usually happens after weight loss or pregnancy.
- Increase self-confidence. You can get a breast augmentation to feel more reassured and confident.
Risks of Breast Augmentation
If you’re considering breast augmentation, it’s important to be aware of the potential risks and complications associated with the procedure. While the vast majority of breast augmentations are successful, there is always a possibility of complications. Here are some of the complications you should expect:
- Capsular contracture
- Implant rupture
- Nipple sensitivity
- Swelling and bruising
Preparing for Breast Augmentation
Most women considering breast augmentation have a pretty good idea of what they want their new breasts to look like. But before you start shopping for a surgeon, it’s important to do your research. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you get ready for breast augmentation:
- Choose a board-certified plastic surgeon.
- Be realistic about your expectations.
- Be prepared for some discomfort after the surgery.
- Be prepared to take it easy for a few weeks after the surgery.
- Make sure you have someone to help you at home during the first few days after the surgery.
Main Line Plastic Surgery in Bryn Mawr, PA specializes in a wide range of enhancement services. The board-certified practitioners conduct different types of breast surgeries on their patients. If you want to book a consultation, call 484-222-0010 or visit www.mainlineplasticsurgery.com.